Rebuild Northwest Florida has suspended all operations after many successful years. We appreciate all of our fine customers to whom we provided services. Our offices are closed, and we do not have information or referrals for other programs. Past customers seeking information may leave a voice message at (850) 497-7024. Thank you.
STRENGTHENING HOMES ACROSS THE GULF COAST
REBUILD Northwest Florida's Residential Hurricane Mitigation Program was created to provide homeowners the means to fortify their homes against hurricane force winds. Successful applicants received FEMA funding for a portion of the cost of improvements and the homeowner covered the remaining cost with REBUILD assisting coordiantion of the improvements.
REBUILD Northwest Florida is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that was established in 2004 by a group of individuals to help the community recover from Hurricane Ivan.
BENEFITS OF HURRICANE MITIGATION
- A safer home for your family
- Possible discounts on windstorm insurance
- Reduced property loss due to wind damage
- Less likelihood of being displaced after a storm
Hurrican mitigation improvements may include:
- Roof deck attachment
- Reinforcing roof-to-wall connections
- Gable end bracing
- Opening protection (shutters, skylights, etc.)
- Exterior doors (including attached garage doors)